Modifications of Child Custody and Visitation Orders
Child custody and visitation orders, once issued by the courts, are not necessarily the absolute final rulings in these cases, as various circumstances can change and require that a parent needs to alter these orders. When such modifications of child custody and visitation orders are needed, going through the appropriate legal channels and proving why the modifications are necessary will be essential.
In these cases, you can rely on the Right Lawyers to help you navigate the process of modifying custody and visitation orders and ultimately to obtain the best possible outcomes to these proceedings.
For more than 14 years, our Las Vegas and Henderson child custody attorneys have been providing superior representation to our clients, and we are ready to put our experience, skills and legal knowledge to work for you so that:
- You can obtain the custody or visitation modifications you need.
- You can effectively challenge unnecessary requests for modifications from embittered exes (if or when this may be the case).
In order to legitimately request modifications of child custody or visitation orders from the court, you must be able to prove that some aspect of your life has substantially changed, requiring that the custody or visitation arrangement also be modified. Such changes can pertain to your job, your finances or even your health.
More specifically, grounds for seeking modifications of child custody or visitation orders can include (but are not necessarily limited to):
- A parent’s job schedule changing (this may even include the loss of a job)
- A parent moving to a new residence
- A parent or child developing a disability
- A parent being convicted of a crime
- Both parents agreeing that they wish to modify the current custody or visitation arrangement.
Just as child custody and visitation arrangements can be officially modified by the courts, so too can the child support payments be altered. With these modifications, there must also be a significant change to at least one parent’s circumstances to warrant such a modification.
Specifically, grounds for modifications to child support payments may include (but are not limited to):
- The parent who has been ordered to pay child support (i.e., the payer) losing his job
- The payer becoming disabled and unable to work
- The payer being convicted of a crime
- The payer experiencing any other issue or circumstance that substantially impacts his finances and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.
Las Vegas and Henderson Child Custody Attorneys at the Right Lawyers
Do you need help modifying a child custody or visitation order? Or do you need help challenging a petition for custody modification? If so, you can rely on the experienced Las Vegas and Henderson child custody lawyers at the Right Lawyers to aggressively advocate your rights and successfully guide you through the process.
When you make the Right decision to move forward with the Right Lawyers, you can be confident that you will receive the highest quality legal service, as well as personalized attention and the best possible outcome to your custody case.
Let’s discuss your case during an initial consultation. To set up a meeting with our trusted Las Vegas and Henderson child custody lawyers, call (702) 914-0400 or email us using the contact form at the top of this page.
From our offices in Law Vegas, we represent clients throughout Clark County and the state of Nevada.