Adoption in Nevada
Adoption can be an extremely enriching experience for you, the child you adopt and your entire family. When you’ve made the decision to move forward with an adoption in Nevada, having an experienced attorney help you navigate this complicated process will be crucial to ensuring the process moves forward as smoothly as possible so that you and your newly adopted child can start your lives together.
The Right Lawyers have the experience, skills and legal knowledge you can rely on when you need any assistance with an adoption in Nevada. In fact, by trusting your adoption in the hands of our Las Vegas and Henderson adoption attorneys, you can be confident that:
- All of the necessary paperwork will be completed correctly and filed on time with the appropriate agencies.
- You will be kept up to date with the progress of your case.
- Your adoption case will be completed as expeditiously and efficiently as possible.
The following is a simplified overview of how the process of adoption in Nevada generally progresses:
- Official court forms to initiate the adoption in Nevada must be completed.
- Once these have been thoroughly reviewed and at least two copies of them have been made, these forms should be filed with the court.
- The birth parents should be served (by a third party) with the Adoption Request form.
- Once the birth parents have consented to adoption, the prospective adoptive parent(s) will go through the investigation and interview process. This can include in-depth background checks, meetings with a court official, etc.
- A court date for the adoption hearing will be set.
- During the hearing, all of the adoption paperwork will be reviewed to determine whether or not the adoption should be approved.
It’s important to point out that:
- Complications can arise during any of the above-mentioned steps.
- International adoptions will typically involve far more steps than simply those explained above.
- Regardless of whether an adoption involves a child in the U.S. or abroad, having the Right Lawyers represent you will be essential to successfully completing the adoption with minimal delays or potential headaches.
Are you considering moving forward with an adoption in Nevada? If so, you can trust the experienced Las Vegas and Henderson adoption lawyers at Right Lawyers to successfully guide you through the legal process. For more than 14 years, our skilled attorneys have been dedicated to advocating our clients’ interests so that they can obtain the best possible outcomes to their most important family law matters, including adoptions.
When you make the Right decision to move forward with the Right Lawyers, you can be confident that you will receive aggressive advocacy, personalized attention and the highest quality legal services.
Let’s discuss your adoption plans during an initial consultation. To set up a meeting with our trusted Las Vegas and Henderson adoption lawyers, call (702) 914-0400 or email us using the contact form at the top of this page.
From our offices in Law Vegas, we represent clients throughout Clark County and the state of Nevada.